Beginning Tuesday, September 1, the following branches will offer wireless printing services: Chamblee, Clarkston, Hairston Crossing, Salem Panola, Scott Candler and Stonecrest. The following branches are also participating in this program: Brookhaven, Covington, Embry Hills, Flat Shoals, Gresham, Lithonia, Northlake, Redan and Wesley Chapel. Patrons can print up to ten black and white pages per day - for free! Log into the software with your library card or a guest account, upload your documents, then call one of the selected branches to arrange contact-free pickup of your prints. Click here for more information.
Click read more to see larger infographic.
Checkout the September Adult programs here.
Checkout the September Children's programs here.
Our friends Leni and Marley from Puppy Songs made a visit to Decatur Library to show you how easy contact-free pickup at your local DeKalb County Public Library is!
Click here to see the video in full size.
The patron holds limit have been increased from 10 to 15 . This matches the limit for the print collection.
RBdigital eBooks and downloadable audio titles will migrate to OverDrive. This was driven by purchase of OverDrive by KKR, who owns Recorded Books.
On August 10, RBdigital will turn off access to ebook and audiobook content in the RBdigital app as titles are moved to OverDrive. During that time (approximately 4 hours, but could take up to 24 hours for titles to fully populate), patrons will not have access to the RBdigital titles. A message will be posted in the RBdigital app. After the transfer RBdigital patrons will be redirected to OverDrive.
How contact-free pickup works:
1. Request materials at dekalblibrary.org If you need assistance with this step, call your local branch.
2. Wait for an email or text message saying your items are ready for pickup.
3. Call branch to schedule a pickup time. Hours for pickup are 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
4. When you arrive for pickup, call your branch. Have your card available so staff may complete the checkout process.
5. Wait until you see a staff member place a bag on the contact-free pickup table.
6. Take your bag from the table. Verify that items in bag are the ones you checked out.
Click here for a full list of Branches and phone numbers.
Click here to see large infographic.