Copiers and Typewriters
- Coin-operated photocopiers are maintained for the convenience of library patrons and are located in all branches. Most machines have enlargement and reduction features. Available copy sizes are 8 1⁄2″ x 11″ (letter) and 8 1⁄2″ x 14″ (legal).
- Copies are 15¢ per page. A maximum of $2.00 in change is available per person.
- According to copyright law these machines are considered unsupervised and the Library takes no responsibility for what patrons may wish to copy. In accordance with the law, all machines display prominently a notice that states: “The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies of copyrighted material. The person using this machine is liable for any infringement.”
- Decatur has several microform reader printers, including machines which can display and make prints of 35 mm and 16 mm roll microfilm, 16 mm microfilm cartridges, and microfiche.
- Typewriters are available at these branches. There is no charge for the use of typewriters. Use is on a first-come, first-served basis.