Mission & Vision
DeKalb County Public Library is a place to grow. The library enlightens and enriches the people of DeKalb County by providing responsive, dynamic services that meet the changing informational, educational, and recreational needs of a diverse population.
The library plays a primary role in cultivating a literate and economically strong DeKalb County, enhancing the quality of life for everyone in the community.
The DeKalb County Public Library provides excellent service to residents based on the following values:
- Customer Service: We welcome everyone and treat them with openness and respect.
- Access & Inclusion: We work to ensure equal access for all. We build, foster, and maintain an environment tha is inclusive.
- Community Service & Partnerships: We provide indispensable resources and services to meet community needs. We partner with other organizations to maximize our local resources.
- Intellectual Freedom: We provide information representing all points of view. We recognize each individual’s right to access information and respect the privacy of library patrons.
- Creativity & Innovation: We support creativity and innovation to better serve the community. We use technology to increase access to information and to work more efficiently.
- Stewardship: We are good stewards of the public’s resources and look to provide both effective and efficient services to the community.