Computer and Book Browsing Appointments Now Available
Appointments for computer use or book browsing are now available. Appointments are for one hour only and at 10:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. — except for Tuesdays when the library is open late, then appointments are at 1:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Here are some things you will need to do while visiting:
- Wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times.
- Have your temperature taken when entering the library. If your temperature is above 100.4°, you will be asked to visit on another day.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- Follow social distancing guidelines by staying at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Limit your time in the library and the length of interactions with staff.
- Computer sessions will end automatically, and there is no extension of time.
- Children under the age of 13 must remain with a parent or guardian at all times.
- The number of available computers will vary by size of branch and the ability to maintain social distancing between terminals.
- Staff assistance for patrons using computers will be limited.
- Patrons can get 10 printouts for free during each visit.
In addition, if you are book browsing, please keep in mind:
- Contact-free pickup for materials will transition to “grab-n-go." Make an appointment to pick up your holds in the library.
- Use of self-checkout machines is encouraged, where available.
Please call your local branch to make an appointment.
Starting Monday, May 17, DCPL is eliminating appointments and moving to one hour visits. Capacity will be reduced at branches to promote social distancing, so access will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Thank you for doing your part to keep everyone safe! We look forward to seeing you!