Open Mic @ The Library
Guidelines and Application
The Friends of the Decatur Library are hosting an Open Mic @ The Library on October 21, 2017 at the Decatur Library from 1:30–3:30 p.m. We are asking DeKalb County residents who have singing, musical or spoken word talent to come take part in this fun, family-friendly event. All performers are asked to follow these rules:
- Performers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Performance length cannot exceed five minutes.
- Artistic expression is encouraged, but all performances must avoid the use of vulgarity in language and actions.
- No endorsement of racism, sexism, violence or crime will be permitted.
- Avoid negative comments about yourself, other artists and audience members. Keep all statements positive as possible.
- Performers must be appropriately dressed for a family audience.
- You provide the talent; we’ll provide the CD player and microphone.
- Performers who fail to abide by Open Mic rules will be disqualified.
- Performers must arrive by 1:00 p.m. on the day of the event.
Register by September 30, 2017. Complete the application below or visit any DeKalb County Public Library branch for a paper application. Submit paper applications to Decatur Library, Decatur Library Coordinator, 215 Sycamore Street, Decatur, GA 30030. If you have any questions, call 404.370.3070, ext. 2008.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- 1st Place Music or Singing – Trophy
- 1st Place Poetry – Trophy